Thank you for agreeing to share your time and expertise with us!
- We meet in Communications 302, the opposite end of the building from the elevators. See a campus map.
- You’ll need a permit to park on campus; check your Twitter account for the magic phrase to tell the parking kiosk attendants for free parking.
- The class runs from 6.15 to 10.00. Guest speakers (“the panel”) are scheduled from 6.30 – 7.15(ish) with questions*. You are welcome to hang around as long as you like after that — but we may put you to work. :-)
- The classroom has a PC workstation with internet connectivity and “audio out.” Or you can bring your own laptop; our laptop station has a standard VGA input (warning for Mac folks – please remember your adapter!).
- I suggest a few minutes of prepared remarks (with or without slides) and then discussion. Given that there are two people each night (with one exception*), please focus your opening comments succinctly on the following points.
(1) We are especially interested in how/why your organizations got involved with Twitter — and lessons learned.
(2) We’re also looking for your thoughts on the big umbrella topic — “best practices” — as well as other organizations that you think are doing a good job with Twitter/real time web.
- We will be recording the session unless you prefer that we not.
- We will be live-tweeting the session unless you prefer that we not.
* When we have three of you, obviously we will extend the time period allocated!
Week 3 – 7 July
- Monica Guzman, Seattle PI “The Big Blog” (@moniguzman, @bigblog)
- Tracy Record, WestSeattleBlog (@westseattleblog, @wsb_live)
Week 4 – 14 July
- Elliott Pesut, AlaskaAir’s “Twitter Guy” (profile, @elliottp, @alaskaair)
- Veronica Sopher, Social Media Club Seattle (@shih_wei)
Week 5 – 21 July
- Jeremy Bertrand, Wa State DOT, @jbertrand
- Jeris Miller, Children’s Hospital and Heart of Matter, @dakini_3
- Sean DeButts, Puget Sound Blood Center, @BloodCenter @SeanDeButts
Week 6 – 28 July
Week 7 – 4 August
- Warren Sukernek, TwitterMaven & Radian6, @warrenss
- Corey Gil, Edelman, @coreybgil
- Blake Cahill, VisibleTechnologies, @bcahill
- At 8 pm: Juliana Aldous Atkinson, Auldhouse Publishing, LLC, @audlhouse
Week 8 – 11 August
- Shauna Causey, @shauna_causey, Comcast and SMC
- Danielle Morrill, @danielleMORRILL, Twillio and Seattle 2.0
Week 9 – 18 August Class as Tweet-Up!