Week 8 – Chapter Drafts and Revisions
- Chapter, Q&A progress
- Guest speakers @ 7.30 tonight
- Thinking (more) about our core idea
- Writing buddy time
- Discuss TweetUp next week
Chapter, Q&A progress
Suggestions From Kathy:
- Everyone: read Beth’s post about Twitter and its impact on two lives – from 2007
- Everyone: read Paolo’s second draft
- Please remember to spell-check and grammar-check your drafts
- Provide sources for your claims; link to online sources but remember to provide “end notes” with your references (for printed version)
- Background image critiques: remember that any “text” on the background can only be parsed by the human eye. Links won’t be clickable, search engines won’t “read” it either. Most important info is the “text” that is the Twitter profile. Secondary is the background image.
- If you haven’t read this yet, recommended: my LinkedIn question/answers about Twitter use
- How do we want to use the visual analysis that Filiz pioneered in her first profile? Who else has tried this?
- How can we use the resources we are pulling together at Twine? For example, Paul posted a resource that Margery could use.
- How can we use info from videos like this one from Business Week? Should we be collecting these video testimonials to incorporate on the book website? See this post on a 2010 documentary on Twitter (“The film explores the idea that Twitter accelerates serendipity”)
- Is there anything that we can leverage from this MSFT work?
- More best practices – from USA.gov, “seven rules“, list of links, summary of several sources
- What tools to feature?
- Which analytics do we want to use (so that we are all using the same metrics)?
Here’s the current accounting of your work (effective 1.30 pm today)
- Anita: Health Care (methodology, outline, first draft, second draft)
- Corey: twitter.mil (methodology, outline, first draft, second draft)
- Filiz: visual communication (designing logo/jacket) + (methodology, outline, first draft)
- Jessica: food banks (methodology, outline, first draft)
- Jon: elected officials (methodology, outline, first draft)
- Margery: airlines (methodology, outline, first draft)
- Paolo: wine (methodology, outline, first draft, >> second draft <<)
- Priti: food service (methodology, outline, first draft)
- Rubi: Latin America (methodology, outline, first draft)
- Sophia: video + higher ed (methodology, outline, first draft)
Remember – these articles are to be posted to your blog, not the course blog
Guest speaker(s) at 7.30 tonight
- Shauna Causey, @shauna_causey, Comcast and SMC
- Danielle Morrill, @danielleMORRILL, Twillio and Seattle 2.0
Our Core Idea?
- Brainstorming for title and tag line
Writing Buddy Time
For Next Week
- Five minute presentation (with visuals) on best examples from your vertical. May be “best of the best” or may highlight more than one organization
- Please RT the TweetUp invitation (feel free to rewrite!)
Tweetup: UWTwtrBook Open House on Aug 18, 2009 RSVP here: http://twtvite.com/3df62z #uwtwtrbook #twtvite