Twitter Profile: @ST_TravelLight
(1) WHY this site? Stumbled upon ST_TravelLight when looking for information about when the Light Rail opens. Thought it was an interesting concept to create a Twitter handle for a specific mode of transportation.
(2) Screen shot
(3) “Fill In The Blank” stats
Date data downloaded : 7-19-09
Industry sector : Transportation
Twitter ID : @ST_TravelLight
Followers : 834
Following : 877
Ratio followers/following : 0.95
Number posts : 186
Account created : May 05, 2009
First post : June 2, 2009
Central Link light rail opening weekend is July 18-19. Get the goods you need to know, and share your tips with others!
Twitter : http://twitter.com/ST_TravelLight
Bio link : http://www.soundtransit.org/travellight
MySpace : N/A
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/companies/sound-transit
Sound Transit obviously is well established public utility with a large PR department. Even so I’ve been impressed with the recent online light rail buzz they’ve created via there Twitter handle @ST_TravelLight. This handle allowed everyone who talking about the opening of the light rail to network and dispelled a few rumors as well.
- The Web is used for all updates.
- Most tweets are done in the morning but all tweets are done between the hours of 6am and 8pm.
- Saturday is by far the most popular day for tweeting.
- 14% of tweets are retweets.
- 17% of tweets are replies.
- Avg. 6.6 tweets per day!
Twittercounter.com also revealed a fascinating piece of information:
- @ST_TravelLight is expected to have 13,344 followers in 30 days if they keep up at the rate they’re going .
- Link Launch 7/ 18-19 is ranked 1st in their location on twitterholic! (by followers in ‘Downtown Seattle-Tukwila‘)
(A.1) Background: F
Doesn’t apply to topic.
(A.2) Avatar: A
Applies well to the topic and colors match page.
(A.3) Twitter bio: A
Good information- Opening date
(A.4) Transparency: F
(A.5) Bio Link: B
Link is redirected and therefore they likely aren’t able to track how many people are coming to their site from Twitter.
(B.1) Replies: 8/100
(B.2) ReTweets: 15/100
(B.3) DM requests: 0/100
(B.4) Hashtags: 51/100
(B.5) Favorite Tweet: “Some Entertainment: Guy with Guitar and cool moustache at Columbia City Station, and Harpist at Rainier Beach Station. Send me pics.”
(B.6) Great use of hashtags! Expected to see more retweets with this type of handle.
(C.1) Questions unearthed during analysis: N/A
(C.2) Suggestions for improvement: Use a direct link on Twitter bio to: www.soundtransit.org/. Advertise Twitter on every page on Web site. Put author and contact information on the left side of Twitter background.
D. Analytic Services (to come next week)
Whats done well: Creating a handle for a specific product/service. Good mix of updates, tips, replies and retweets.
Whats missing: Link on Twitter page is redirect. Twitter not well advertised on Web site. No author and contact information on the left side of Twitter background.
For the most part, tweets seem useful and on-topic. Six tweets a day is likely not enough for this handle.
(E.2) Scorecard Summary:
|Background||F||Terrible. What were you thinking?|
|Avatar||A||Great! Wouldn’t change a thing.|
|Twitter bio||A||Great! Wouldn’t change a thing.|
|Transparency||F||Terrible. What were you thinking?|
|Bio Link||B||Good. Would change a couple of things.|
UPDATE: I’ve just found out this is a promotional Twitter handle and it will be going offline at the end of July.