Week 1 – Introductions
23 June 2009
- Who are we and why are we here?
- Why Twitter?
- What constitutes best practices in digital (or non-digital) communication?
- Logistics (personal blogs, Twitter accounts, becoming member of this blog, wiki or blog for authoring)
- Mondays or Tuesdays – no change
(1) Who are we and why are we here?
- Introductions; overview from pre-class survey.
- Syllabus review
- ID deliverable decision points.
(a) What should be our Twitter involvement – #BOTwitter, posting links ?
(b) Think about writing solo/co-authored chapters
(c) How to best ID candidate orgs to feature
(d) Set first concept deadline (next week?)
- Thoughts on guest speakers
- Pick an article to read/summarize/post to this blog and orally summarize in class
(2) Why Twitter?
- Time article
- Network theory
- Infrastructure, tool or community?
(3) Best Practices / Lessons Learned
- We will need to develop our own metrics
- Forrester on web and brands
- Sign up for an article to read/summarize/post to this blog (second half of schedule page)
- Add everyone to this blog (need your WordPress email addy)
- Create WordPress account if you don’t have one (at close of class)
- Wiki (like WetPaint) or this blog for drafts, collaboration (Or both?)
- Knowledge management in practice: how to best capture our links, ideas? Delicious? Database/spreadsheet? Annotated sources on blog page?
- Class Twitter Group: Private: ask to follow com597, I’ll approve. To send a Tweet to everyone: d com597 … everyone who follows the account will receive a DM. This is a trial/test; I’ve not used this service.
For Next Week (by noon Monday)
- Reading Post: recommend everyone read/synthesize/post (this would be one of two required reading posts)
- Post on Process: your thoughts on what the book/writing/reporting should encompass, how you would prefer to proceed; ideas on what you might research/write about
- Tweets about the class/project – what should we use for hashtag?
- Find 10 brands/organizations that you think should be featured; tell us why and how you found them. Post on this blog and where-ever-else we decide!
- Revisit Cluetrain 95 Theses. Which 5-6 do you feel relate to our class project? Why? Post to this site. [After I add you to this site as an author, it will appear in your WP Dashboard.]